About - India’s first data driven learning platform for sharpening the mind through courses and community led programs.
- Positioning was generic: Initially, the company was positioned as a platform that helps people upskill in different avenues of life.
- Distribution was limited: The only medium of sales was their app.
- Lack of Awareness: The company was brand new so there was no awareness.
- Technical errors in the app: The app had a lot of bugs and long user journeys.
- The Retention rate was initially low: The uninstall rate was high and the users were not returning to the app.
- Hit 10,000 users in the first 6 months and 20,000 users in the next 4 months
- Improve the WAU/MAU to greater than 25%
- Build awareness for the brand and their product
Our Approach & Strategies-
- Specific Positioning: We changed the positioning of the brand. We promoted the company as a platform that provides bingable courses focused on improving the skills of the mind (like developing a money mindset, building confidence, making a vision board, etc), as there was no one offering courses for intangible skills that one can pick up.
- Fixed Technical Problems: Through Internal Testing: We tested the app every week to find all the bugs and got them fixed by coordinating with the development team. Through External Testing: We also did a lot of user testing to find flaws in the user experience and made changes to the UI/UX to improve the user journey.
- Leveraged the website: We set up a landing page where people could buy the courses on the website, apart from just the app. This helped us to eliminate the friction of downloading the app and signing up to buy a course.
- Expanded Distribution Channels: We expanded the distribution channels and listed their courses on Bookmyshow, Paytm Insider and Udemy. Apart from increasing the point of sales, this also helped to grab more eyeballs and expand its reach.
- Social Media Campaigns: We ran app install campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Google Ads for top of the level campaigns and retargeting campaigns as well.
- Scaled the app from 0 to 20,000 users using performance marketing
- Improved WAU/MAU from 18% to 45%
- Reduced the Cost/Install from Rs.25 to Rs.3
- Grew Instagram followers to 4,500