About - An USA based gifting D2C ecommerce brand primarily using its website to generate sales.
- They were unable to scale on Google ads even though meta was doing well
- The ad account was not structured and well planned
- Low AOV product so low CAC was vital
- Focus on scaling without drastically increase acquisition cost.
- Increase the returns on ad spend (ROAS) of Google ads
Our Approach & Strategies-
- Initially made sure all the hygiene is in place by setting up accurate tracking, optimising all campaigns for purchases only, structured campaigns for better performance.
- Used Single Theme Ad Group (STAG) strategy to categorise search ads into relevant product category ad groups, which helped with easier account management.
- Experimented with the then newly launched Performance max campaigns to scale on budgets and make sure we’re covering all placements on Google ads
- Pushed ads more focussed towards bundles and made sure there are upsells on website to increase the average order value.
- Analysed the UI/UX using heatmaps and user recordings to improve the user experience with the goal of reducing drop offs.
- Achieved an ROAS of 5 while simultaneously scaling the ad spends.
- Witnessed an increased AOV of 25%
- Google ads as an channel was profitable and performance better than Meta ads
- This success led to expansion plans in neighbouring country